Skip to content


How can I contact the Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry?

Phone: (202) 224-2035
Fax: (202) 228-2125
Address: 328A Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20510

Who are the Committee Chair and Ranking Member?

U.S. Senator Debbie Stabenow (D-MI) is the Committee Chair and U.S. Senator John Boozman (R-AR) is the Ranking Member.

I have a press related question. Who should I contact?

For all press related inquiries, please contact our main office at 202-224-2035 and they will direct your call to either Chairwoman Stabenow’s office or Ranking Member Boozman’s office.

How do I get in touch with members of the majority or minority staff?

The main office can direct your calls to members of both staffs. Call us at 202-224-2035.

How can I get the email address and telephone number of a Committee staffer?

We can transfer your call and forward a message to staffers, but unfortunately cannot give out email addresses or direct line numbers. You would have to receive that information from the staffer.

How can I check the status of an agriculture bill?

The best way to check the status of a bill is to use the Library of Congress.

What types of hearings are convened by the Agriculture Committee?

The Agriculture Committee generally convenes three types of hearings: legislative hearings, oversight hearings, and confirmation hearings. Occasionally, the Chairwoman may convene a hearing outside Capitol Hill; these are called field hearings.

Where can I find upcoming hearings?

Click here to see all the hearings.

Are hearings open to the public?

Yes. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, in-person attendance is limited. All hearings will be livestreamed on the website for the public to view.
When COVID-19 restrictions are lifted, hearings may take place in rooms with limited seating and, access will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis. If room capacity is reached, there will be an overflow room with access to the livestream.

Where do I find the time, location, and witnesses who will testify in a hearing?

All this information is posted on our website. Click here to see all the hearings.

If I am unable to physically attend a hearing, what are my options?

You can watch a live feed on our website by clicking on "Live Webcast" on the home page or hearings page. If you missed the live webcast, all hearings are recorded and can be watched at a later time. Go here and locate the hearing you would like to watch. Click on it and select the link to view the archived webcast.

Where can I find the transcript for a hearing and how soon are they available?

You can find hearing transcripts in the Library section of the website. Transcripts are posted as soon as they are available, however due to the printing process, this can be anywhere from 6-12 months after the original hearing date.

Can I obtain a recording of a hearing?

Yes, they are available for purchase. Just give us a call at 202-224-2035. The cost is $5.00 plus an additional 30 cents for every minute of recording. We will need your name, phone number, email address, and credit card information.

I have a specific personal issue with an agricultural program. Who can help me?

We are more than happy to help you in any way we can and will put you in touch with the staff member who can answer your questions. However, most agricultural programs are managed by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. If your concern involves casework, we will connect you to the personal office of your home state Senator.