Chairman Roberts Announces Witness, Agenda for Forestry Hearing
WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Senator Pat Roberts, R-Kan., Chairman of the Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry, today announced the witness and agenda for the Committee’s hearing on pending forestry legislation.
What: Legislative Hearing to Review Pending Forest Service and Forestry Related Bills
Who: The Honorable Robert Bonnie, Under Secretary, Natural Resources and Environment, United States Department of Agriculture, Washington, DC
Date: Thursday, July 16, 2015
Time: 10:00 a.m.
Place: 328A Russell Senate Office Building
- S. 61 (Vitter), to provide for the conveyance of certain National Forest System land in the State of Louisiana.
- S. 755 (Alexander), to designate as wilderness certain public land in the Cherokee National Forest in the State of Tennessee, and for other purposes.
- S. 1100 (Thune), to require State and local government approval of prescribed burns on Federal land during conditions of drought or fire danger.
- S. 1110 (Enzi/Bennet), to direct the Secretary of Agriculture to publish in the Federal Register a strategy to significantly increase the role of volunteers and partners in National Forest System trail maintenance, and for other purposes.
- S. 1671 (Bennet), to reauthorize the National Forest Foundation Act, and for other purposes.
- S. 1712 (Bennet), to expand the authority of the Secretary of Agriculture to sell or exchange small parcels of National Forest System land to enhance the management of the National Forest System, resolve minor encroachments, and for other purposes.
- S. 1733 (Shaheen), to require the Secretary of Agriculture to establish a forest incentives program to keep forests intact and sequester carbon on private forest land of the United States, and for other purposes.
- S. 1744 (Perdue), to authorize the sale of certain National Forest System land in the State of Georgia.
***Please note: This is a hearing to accept comments and testimony about the listed legislation, not a business meeting to vote on the legislation. Sen. Shaheen will speak about S. 1733 after the Chair and Ranking Member provide opening statements. Press bringing audio/video equipment should check in with the Senate Radio-Television Gallery at radiotv.senate.gov or 202-224-6421. Space will be limited in the hearing room. The hearing will be webcast live on ag.senate.gov.
Next Article Previous Article